Introduction to Flash and Actionscript
S1 - Using Tweens
T4 - Images to Text
Shape Tweens using Text
1. Start a new flash document
2. Use the
circle tool to draw a small circle
the entire circle (and the stroke)
4. Make a copy of the circle
5. Paste the circle (it will appear in the middle of the stage)
6. Move the pasted image up beside the first circle
pasting and moving the circles until you have as many circles as are
in your name
8. Change the fill colour of each of the circles so that each one is different.
Now to align and evenly space the circles
9. Select all the circles
10. To make the circle in a straight row Choose Modify > Align > Top from the menus
11. To adjust the spacing between the circle to make it even, Choose Modify > Align > Distribute Widths from the menus.
The animation is going to be just over approximately 3 seconds long, so 36 frames (3 x 12 fps) are needed.
12. Insert a keyframe at frame 36
13. The circles are not needed on this last frame, so delete them from frame 36
14. On the
Stage, below where the circles were, type your name
will need to adjust the point size and font.
There are 10 circles and 10 letters, Each individual circle is going to morph to an individual letter. Right now the text is all one symbol, it needs to be broken into individual letters.
the text, choose Modify > Break Apart from the menus. The
text will break into individual letters. You may need to do this
more than once to completely break apart your name
You may need to do this more than once to completely break apart your name
17. On the timeline, click anywhere between the starting frame and the ending frame.
18. Choose Create Shape Tween from the menu. If a dotted line appears in the timeline, this indicates the tween is not complete
19. To fix the broken tween, go to frame 36 (the last frame), again Select the Name text choose Modify > Break Apart again. Keep doing this until you have a solid line.
21. Test your movie
Now find images online (small, icon size) a different image for each
22. Now find images online (small, icon size) a different image for each letter.
Import the image to the stage and modify > bitmap trace. Remove any
23. Import the image to the stage and modify > bitmap trace. Remove any background.
Shape tween from your name to the images.
24. Shape tween from your name to the images.