of the most important techniques for any photoshop artist is to know
how to effectively erase elements and objects that are in a photo.
This is typically done using the clone stamp tool. In this tutorial,
we'll walk through a basic step-by-step process of erasing an object
from a photo using the Clone Stamp, as well as other tools.
1. Open the flower image. We are going to use the clone stamp tool
to erase the smaller flowers at the bottom of the photo, so that we
are left with just the main flower image.
2. Click the Clone Stamp tool.
3. Adjust the Brush Size so that it is proportionate to the areas
that you will be clone stamping.
4. Now we need to clone the areas around the element that we want
to erase. In the case of this photo, we have bushes surrounding the
flowers at the bottom. So with the clone stamp tool selected, hold
down the ALT key and click on some of the bushes to the left of the
5. Now let go of the ALT key after clicking the bushes and move your
cursor over the area you want to erase. Click and paint over the area.
6. Repeat Steps 4 and 5. Continue selecting areas of the background
by holding down ALT key and clicking, then letting go of the ALT key
and painting over the object you want to clone stamp over and erase.
7. Eventually, you will have clone stamped out the entire element
or object and it will finally be erased. To add some variation, feel
free to clone stamp other areas of the background so that it doesn't
appear that the same part of the background was clone stamped over
and over again. Notice in the image below, I clone stamped other areas
of the bush background in the photo to clone over the flowers at the
bottom. This variation makes it undetectable to the viewer.
the final picture as CloneFlower.psd